The standard arhitecture of the CRM has a long list of entities. But some users want to have more entities !

Click on “New” in the Entiity part.
My new entity named “Request” will be place on Areas Sales and Marketing. I let all the default configuration for a new entity. I activated the Businnes process flows. Note : All the option with a small “star” on the side are not changeable after the activation.


I allow the quick creation and I keep all the default option.
In the Primary field section, i change the value “Name” to “Subject”.
Click on “Save” when you finish your entity global configuration.
To begin, i modified the default form “Information”. Just double click on the form. The form is empty… You can :

You can add new fields, click on “New Field” :
I want to create a new lookup field with the entity contact. In fact, on a contact, I want to see a list of request. So I choose a lookup type of field with the entity Contact.
I add two fields on my form: “Description” and “Contact”. I click on “Save” and “Publish”.
Double click on a view in the list :

To add new columns (Permit to add field value in your view). Select the column and click on “OK” :

Once you finish to add your column, click on “Save and Close” and “Publish” :
We customize a new form and a view, let’s see now how it appears in the CRM.

Just create a new request (Click on “New”), complete the subject and select a contact (Here Darth Vader) :
Click on “Save”. Open now the contact form of “Darth Vader”. To see the request list :

Click on “Request”, we can see the new request record ! :)
I will show you the easier way to create a new entity.
Change the default Prefix
To begin, i change an important option for the editor of CRM solution, the prefix. Before each new field or entity, it appears “new_” by default, but you can change this value :
Open the default publisher of the CRM :
Create a new entity
To create a new entity, go the customization panel : (Settings / Customize the System)Click on “New” in the Entiity part.
My new entity named “Request” will be place on Areas Sales and Marketing. I let all the default configuration for a new entity. I activated the Businnes process flows. Note : All the option with a small “star” on the side are not changeable after the activation.
I allow the quick creation and I keep all the default option.
In the Primary field section, i change the value “Name” to “Subject”.
Click on “Save” when you finish your entity global configuration.
Modify the default Form
When you create a new entity, all the forms and views are created by default. You have to modify the form, add new fields, create new relationship with other entities, etc…To begin, i modified the default form “Information”. Just double click on the form. The form is empty… You can :
- Add new field
- Add new section / Tab
- Add Subgrid : Relation with an other Entity
- Add Business Rules
- Add Javascript
- Etc….
You can add new fields, click on “New Field” :
I want to create a new lookup field with the entity contact. In fact, on a contact, I want to see a list of request. So I choose a lookup type of field with the entity Contact.
Change the view
I change my main form and I create new fields, i need to update my views.Double click on a view in the list :
To add new columns (Permit to add field value in your view). Select the column and click on “OK” :
Once you finish to add your column, click on “Save and Close” and “Publish” :
We customize a new form and a view, let’s see now how it appears in the CRM.
Example
In the navigation bar, select Sales / Request :Just create a new request (Click on “New”), complete the subject and select a contact (Here Darth Vader) :
Click on “Save”. Open now the contact form of “Darth Vader”. To see the request list :
Click on “Request”, we can see the new request record ! :)
We saw how to create a new simple entity. We modified a form and a view, we created few fields.
In a next post, I will explain how to
- Create a new form and all the functionnalities
- Create a new view and explain the functionnalities
- Create a system Charts
- Etc…
Hope this post helps you ! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment